We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
As a Senior Designer, Electrical you will perform electrical design tasks thru preparation and layout of electrical engineering contract documents under the direct supervision of one or more licensed electrical engineers. The documents will be in support of architectural and engineering projects related to electrical design for power, lighting design, low voltage, and special systems work.
Senior Designer, Electrical s work as part of a multi-discipline team performing electrical design and documentation during all phases of multiple simultaneous projects. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature with Electrical Engineers. Work includes unique tasks of high complexity generated from the designs of others, and independent judgement in tasks of moderate complexity. Electrical Engineers will provide supervisory approval on proposed project plans. Assignments will include producing deliverable drawing sets including site plans, lighting plans, power plans, special systems plans, one-line diagrams, schedules, and details. Candidate must complete assignments with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to time and budget constraints.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs and specifies project-appropriate electrical requirements
- Plans and develops small to medium size projects and works under minimal supervision.
- Investigates, evaluates, and recommends design solutions, prioritizes work, receives guidance on complex issues.
- Sets up and manages complex Revit Electrical models.
- Performs Revit modeling and detailing.
- Performs AutoCAD drafting and detailing.
- Performs cross-discipline discussions and coordination of work for system clash avoidance.
- Prepares drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to project schedule and budget constraints
- Attends internal and client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development.
- Conducts site investigations and observations.
- Assists with addendums and RFIs by incorporating agreed upon changes in the contract documents.
- Performs contract administration by reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFI’s, solving construction issues, leading the development and coordination of record drawings, and performing site visits to assess general conformance with the design concept.
- Works to help maintain and develop electrical drawing, detailing, templates and workflow standards.
- Mentors and encourages the development of junior designers and specialists
- Associates Degree from Technical College (or equivalent) required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with A/E firm in building electrical design and detailing; to include 5+ years of independently completing design layouts for electrical and/or low voltage systems preferred
- Proficiency with computer software including Revit MEP, Microsoft Word/Excel, and AutoCAD required.
- Experience contributing to system sizing (utilizing software), equipment selection, calculations, and corresponding Model updates.
- Experience preparing (redline) design layouts.
- General understanding of construction and project delivery methods.
- Excellent time management, organization, and multi-task skills.
- Strong problem solving and self-motivation skills.
- Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Demonstrated passion for technology and its integration with the AEC industry.
- Experience in programming or Dynamo a plus