$80K — $100K *
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicating and executing lineplans based on Leader direction.
• Research practical footwear trends; lasts, toe shapes, constructions, materials, colors, systems and details by shopping markets, websites, trend sites. Applying these ideas to the design of the collection.
• Responsible for execution of design; Building constructions to the lineplan, applying upper designs to the constructions, building out the collection.
• Uses understanding of brand aesthetics and executing in design to create development direction on new materials and colors and applys those materials and colors to the styles (*Specing line)
• Works with the Design Director to build a workflow for the team to execute the designs.
• Manages the ordering of materials and components.
• Applys seasonal brand direction, market research, trend insight, and knowledge to select materials, create and present new innovative concepts
• Develop and create illustrations and technical drawings for new design concepts and digital renderings of materializations in Photoshop and Illustrator. Detail concept, materials, and development specifications based on brand design guidelines
• Accountable for reviewing prototypes in a timely manner and update tech packs to reflect agreed upon changes and modifications
• Collaborate with the production team to design products within specific pricing and market segment guidelines
• Prepare and present design projects, clearly communicating design vision
• Collaborate with and support peers and sales teams to ensure season runs smoothly
• Proactively anticipate how to manage design deadline in order to meet critical dates
• International travel as required. Attendance at tradeshows and events may also be required as directed
• Coaches and develops assistant or associate designer if applicable
• Ability to use market research, trends and industry knowledge to participate in upcoming design meetings
• Must be a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills and flexibility
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
• Professional demeanor and customer service oriented
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite; Illustrator and Photoshop
• Ability to sketch, CAD and understand foundational design elements
• 7+ years related footwear design experience.
• Experience creating technical drawings, tech-packs, CADS and merchandising boards.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in footwear design, fashion or industrial design in order of preference.
Valid through: 11/2/2021