The job holder is an active member of the Vacuum Cleaning Global Product Development team and the Global Category Leadership Team to help ensure that the product quality for existing and new products will continuously improve (measured in lower Costs of Quality and lower Customer Returns).
This person will achieve this through the use of Quality Planning Tools that provide consumer insights from star ratings, product surveys, warranty, returns analysis and consumer contact data. This position is responsible for continuously reviewing and improving the quality processes as outlined in the Quality Systems Manual. They are also responsible for driving leading product craftsmanship into our products by conducting periodic craftsmanship meeting with cross-functional development teams.
* Defines and specifies "best practices" for electronics manufacturing quality controls to ensure supplier capabilities and to prevent field failures.
* Possess deep understanding of embedded and connected software principles and has the ability to analyze returns and customer feedback data to provide recommendations to the development teams with respect to resolving negative trends relating to unexpected product functionality due to software/firmware issues.
* Leads and establishes electronic and software quality control definitions and functional testing requirements for all category products.
* Leads the Advanced Quality Planning process for new product development with the help of the Asia quality team and the quality analyst.
* Provide assessments as requested and fact-based guidance during new product development to the team for decision making.
* Leads the corrective and preventative action initiatives for new & existing products through the Asia quality team
* Drive the continuous improvement efforts for new and existing products
* Leads with category teams to identify key products for benchmarking and lead Craftsmanship Benchmarking for ADC.
* Provide timely Craftsmanship reports that effectively communicate findings, key insights and product or category summaries, both for daily use by the team and quarterly reporting to the executive team.
* Leads timely product design reviews on craftsmanship and monitors progress in Bissell, its manufacturing partners, and key suppliers.
* Leads and facilitates collaborative resolution of the craftsmanship issues identified with the team actively involved in development and manufacturing of the product.
* Leverage metrics to identify and initiate Craftsmanship improvement projects in Bissell, its manufacturing partners and key suppliers. Identify best practices, influencing application to products in development. Inspire and lead the project team toward improved design in Bissell and execution at our manufacturing partners and key suppliers.
* Work collaboratively with cross-functional product development teams, manufacturing partners and key suppliers to determine product engagement.
* Develop presentations that effectively communicate findings and insights. Present findings and recommendations.
* Keeps data records updated for monthly cumulative returns, returns pivot tables, and quality systems documents.
* All other duties as assigned.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Typical KPI's for the Quality Engineer:
1. The Consumer Return Rate as % of gross sales and in USD for the assigned categories (Vacuum, Hard Floor and Deep Cleaning)
2. The Costs of Non Quality as % of gross sales and in USD for the assigned categories
3. Craftsmanship scores and timeliness of reports
Specific KPI's for the assigned GPD projects:
* Follows the GPD project team KPI's such as 'on time launch', 'hurdle rate compliance'
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
This position requires the ability to manage the flow of data, perform analysis, generate summary reports and communicate by voice or data while being connected in the office, at home or while traveling by laptop or mobile device regularly without regard to time zone or day of the week.