About the Role:
As Sr Design Manager for Mark and Graham, you'll design and produce everything you see in the M&G product line, from luxury handbags to jewelry, home goods, leather goods, and apparel. You'll manage every part of the design process, from concept to finished product. We are a small, nimble team that works efficiently and cross-functionally, with direct access to the VP and CEO of the company. Although this is a design role, a majority of the day to day is product development, project management, and organizing all the moving pieces.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Build seasonal concepts (color palette, mood boards, print and pattern, trend reporting)
* Create specs and prototypes
* Track photo samples and review them with cross-functional partners
* Manage color approvals, working closely with the catalog team
* Manage the production calendar
* Onboard and maintain vendor relationships
* Manage domestic sourcing
* Provide consistent, clear communication with cross-functional partners (merch, sourcing, catalog, etc)
* Pitch creative concepts to executive leadership
* Travel internationally up to 3 times per year
* Do competitive trend shopping
* Prep for weekly product reviews
* Organize product samples and manage the sample archive
* Manage and process invoices
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because you have the following qualifications...
* BA in Design, Merchandising, Fashion, or other related field
* 6+ years experience in product design and development (fashion, soft goods, graphic design experience a plus)
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of personalities and perspectives
* Comfortable with change and ambiguity
* A positive attitude
* A passion for design and the products we're creating
* Working knowledge of CAD, Illustrator, and other design software
* Print and pattern experience a plus
Requisition Number: MG-12979