Type of work:
- Temporary decking/bridge systems for traffic and construction equipment including steel beams, precast concrete mats and lateral bracing.
- Soil retaining systems for excavation support and protection of adjacent utilizing steel wide flange and sheet piles, concrete CIDH piles, wale/strut bracing systems, rakers, driller tiebacks, timber and reinforced shotcrete lagging.
- Variety of temporary permanent structural elements, including falseworks and formwork, utility support, etc. etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of manager or executive develop structural calculations and drawings for submittal.
- Coordinate design efforts with field personnel, owner representatives, and reviewing agencies as required to gain design approvals.
- Preform field inspections and resolve field related design issues.
- Preform studies, research or analyses for special design cases and conditions, as required for preparation of calculating, reports and RFIs.
- Preform additional engineering assignments per supervisor; direction.
Experience includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Civil/Structural Engineer in Design of Support-of-Excavation and Traffic Bridges.
- Minimum education requirement – BS in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structure Design.
- Minimum of 7 years design engineering experience in subjects as listed above in the Types of Work.
- Practical Knowledge of the following: AASHTO LRFD Bridge design specifications, and Caltrans Trenching and Shoring Manual, AISC, ACI and Auto CAD.