PING is seeking a Senior Design Engineer that will have the opportunity to combine your passion for the game of golf with your engineering knowledge to develop the best performing golf equipment in the world. You will design main line hard good products such as drivers, fairway woods, hybrids or irons along with sub-components such as grips, weights and various fasteners. Your primary product development responsibilities include CAD model development, prototype creation, and validation of your designs on our test range located right outside our office doorstep. Your projects will satisfy performance goals, remain on schedule, and maintain proper budgets. PING design engineers are experts in the field of golf, physics, CAD modeling, and maintain a solid understanding of the many technical trade-offs associated with golf club design. The role is a very exciting, rewarding career choice that provides the opportunity to grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
- Generous employee discount
- Robust wellness program with cash incentives
- Ride Share Programs
- Flexible time off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Lead on-time completion of detailed metal wood, iron and related component CAD designs.
- Conduct short term technical research projects to support design optimization.
- Manage prototype development and hands-on product testing, in support of golf physics knowledge creation.
- Create product specification documents for all assigned components.
- Research and integrate innovative design and manufacturing technologies into finished designs.
- Participate in problem solving activities to support PING’s long-term knowledge capture system.
- Work closely with Project Engineering team and suppliers to ensure successful, on-time commercialization of industry leading product.
- Identify and mitigate design and manufacturing risk items for new designs using FMEA methodology.
- Work closely with Innovation team to provide CAD support for long term R&D efforts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar discipline, from an accredited University and minimum 6 years design experience in product development; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Prior experience in design, development testing, and failure mode analysis.
- A passion for golf, the golf industry and excellent knowledge of golf equipment.
- Advanced proficiency with Creo Elements or similar CAD software.
- Proven ability to finish projects in a challenging, time sensitive environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Experience working with overseas suppliers.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (approximately 10-20%)
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.