$100K - $120K(Ladders Estimates)
Senior Design Engineer-CT-#2891
As a leading company dedicated to providing medical devices and procedure solutions that improve health care delivery, our client is committed to continued expansion of its core business through internal development programs and acquisition strategies and they're searching for a dynamic Senior Design Engineer for its Connecticut location.
The right candidate will be excited to provide mechanical design support to existing and in-development products, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and derive satisfaction from knowing that his/her efforts ultimately lead to improved quality of life for our patients.
The Senior Design Engineer will be the primary technical resource on a product development or sustaining engineering team and performs her/his duties with minimal supervision. The position is responsible for ensuring that project objectives are met accurately and on time. Responsibilities include design, development, testing, troubleshooting, technical documentation, transfer to manufacturing and support of manufacturing, and conformance to all relevant regulations.
Key Duties, Activities and Responsibilities:
• Designs, prototypes, tests, and develops components, sub-assemblies and systems of up to high complexity
• Analyzes designs using FEA, tolerance stack analysis, and any other appropriate tools.
• Creates test protocols, runs experiments and writes test reports.
• Completes product documentation of moderate to high complexity.
• Creates, revises and documents drawings and specifications.
• Analyzes moderate to high complexity engineering problems, defines problem, recommends and implements solutions.
• May lead projects of limited complexity.
Work Experience, Skills and Education Required:
• Advanced proficiency in design, drawing, and CAD skills, such as SolidWorks.
• Proficient with GD&T, Finite Element Analysis, free body diagrams, FMEA, engineering drawings, and documentation.
• Proficient with designing and testing using rapid prototyping techniques.
• Experience with manufacturing techniques common to medical devices – injection molding, machining, stamping, casting, MIM, etc.
• Proficient with inventing, innovating and launching products.
• Proficient with analysis and problem solving.
• Experience with lab testing and fabrication equipment (force gauges & test stands w/data acquisition, 3d printers, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 10+ years industry experience, Master's degree in engineering with 8+ years industry experience, PhD with 3+ years industry experience.
• Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA (cGMP) and EU MDD/MDR requirements.
Valid Through: 2019-10-15