Req. ID: 119166
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
This is a scalable Design engineer position for our (DEG) DRAM Engineering Group at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for designing and analyzing digital and analog circuits used in the development of memory products. This includes simulating, optimizing, and floor planning DRAM circuits. In this position you will work and support the efforts of groups such as Product Engineering, Test, Probe, Process Integration, Assembly and Marketing to proactively design products that optimize all manufacturing functions and assure the best cost, quality, reliability, time-to-market, and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the development of new Memory based product opportunities by assisting with the overall design, layout, and optimization of Memory/Logic circuits
- Parasitic modeling and assisting in design validation, reticle experiments and required tape-out revisions
- Overseeing and manage the layout process including floor-planning, placement, and routing
- Performing verification processes with modeling and simulation using industry standard simulators
- Maintaining technical expertise and provide training
- Contributing to cross group communication to work towards standardization and group success
- Working with Marketing, Probe, Assembly, Test, Process Integration, and Product Engineering groups to ensure proper manufacturability of product
- Proactively solicit input from Standards, CAD, modeling, and verification groups to ensure the design quality
- Driving innovation into the future Memory generation with dynamic work environment
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree (Preferred) in Electrical Engineer or related discipline, and 2-10 years of professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of CMOS Circuit Design and Device Physics
- Extensive knowledge of RTL design, design synthesis, static timing analysis, and automated layout techniques
- Preferred to have experience using Design Compiler and IC Compiler software
- Extensive knowledge in verilog modeling and simulation tools
- Extensive knowledge of state machine logic/design verification techniques
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who enjoys working with others
- Good communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to other design peers in verbal and written form
- Knowledge and experience in Finesim and/or Hspice
- Experience with power network analysis
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Tcl, Perl, etc)
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.