Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Lead the development and implementation of innovative designs of optical ophthalmic devices (e.g. contact lenses) utilizing optical modeling / design systems and statistical data analysis. Act as subject matter expert in optical modeling system for advancing design methodologies and capabilities.
This position will supervise direct reports, depending on business need – provide mentorship/guidance or lead sub-teams.
Technical leadership of design systems / methods development, development of product specifications and designs for ophthalmic medical devices (e.g contact lenses). Participate on product development project teams as optics subject matter expert, coordinate product testing, product/process data analysis and creation of design reports and presentations.
May involve occasional domestic or international travel vendors or other B+L sites.
- Interface w/ customers and internal functions to define and develop product specifications and designs
- Develop contact lens designs using optical modeling and data analysis
- Prepare design documentation including models, specifications and release documents.
- Define and coordinate product testing (clinical and bench) requests
- Participate on product development teams acting as optical subject matter expert and/or product advocate throughout the development process
- Perform data analysis of processing data during product/process development
- Prepare reports summarizing product design, testing and/or development data
- Develop and implement design methods for conceptualizing and optimizing contact lens designs
- Develop and implement procedures of design methods
- Provide mentoring to less experienced Engineers and Technicians
- Key Relationships: R+D development teams, Quality, Tool Engineering and Mfg, external vendors, Project Leadership and Functional Management
- MS or PhD in Optics, Optical Engineering, or related curriculum.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing optical models & designs w/ proficiency in optical design modelling software (Zemax preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise w/ MS Office product (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project
- Experience w/ statistical analysis applications (Minitab preferred) and programming using Matlab or similar analytical software preferred
- Minimum 5 years relevant industrial experience in ophthalmic device or optical design development.
- Subject matter expert in optical modeling system (Zemax preferred)
- Technical Project Leadership experience
- Optical design expertise
- Familiar w/ regulated medical device development environment (ISO/FDA) preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization
Be Aware of Recruiting Fraud
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.