Frank's International N.V. is a global oil services company that provides a broad and comprehensive range of highly engineered tubular running services, tubular fabrication, and specialty well construction and well intervention solutions with a focus on complex and technically demanding wells. Founded in 1938, Frank's has approximately 2,900 employees and provides services to leading exploration and production companies in both onshore and offshore environments in approximately 50 countries on six continents.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Aid in the supervision of a dedicated engineering staff that is focused on a specific aspect of the Engineering Department's responsibilities.
- Plan and document the design process, including completion of the final project files. Ensure design documents are properly maintained and archived.
- Participate in the initial prototype assembly on the shop floor to document any design issues and present corrections to allow assembly to continue.
- Participate in meetings and work closely with manufacturing, drafting and production personnel to ensure the quality of new or redesigned products for the organization.
- Support the professional development of team members via individual guidance and mentoring.
- Assist with the planning, organizing, reviewing and evaluation of team member's work.
- Assist with the implementation of the team's goals and objectives, including the initiation of a project along with defining the scope of the project.
- Assist with developing a breakdown of the work structure, defining project activities, sequencing of activities, establishing activity resources, establishing activity duration and ensuring schedules are met. These duties will also include coordinating work with other departments.
- Review team member's calculations and other technical data as needed.
- Keep immediate supervisors informed with regard to team member's progress, identify potential problems and recommend solutions to improve the way in which problems are addressed.
- Meet with appropriate staff to aid in maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the team. Also provide technical direction and training as needed.
- Coordinate design reviews and engineering meetings.
- Interact with a team of drafters, designers, and engineers to ensure the accuracy of designed products and/or concepts to ensure the optimal gain of the organization.
- Perform additional related duties as requested or required.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of five years combined experience in the application and/or design of equipment used in the oil and gas exploration and production (or similar work experience).
- Supervisorial skills.
- Fluent problem solving skills along with the ability to multi-task efficiently between multiple projects.
- Autodesk products – Inventor and Auto CAD familiarity. (Similar 3-D modeling package acceptable (is. Solid Works, etc.)
- FEA software knowledge – Ansys or Algore preferred.
- Good Communication Skills in English language using both the written and spoken word.
- Ability to work on projects individually and as a part of a team.
- Employee must occasionally be available after hours and on weekends to take calls and provide engineering support. Frequency varies depending on number of engineers and technicians on staff.