Job DescriptionSee More
A Senior Design Engineer position in Plano, TX is currently available through Belcan. In this position, you will design and develop new and derivative optical semiconductor products, and work with a team to establish specifications, implement design, verify product functionality and enable release to manufacturing. To be considered for this role, you must be high energy, resourceful self-starter who demonstrates technology skills and capabilities.
Senior Design Engineer job duties:
* Lead projects through development lifecycle; demonstrate ownership and end-to-end accountability to implement and complete projects in a cost-effective and timely manner.
* Lead cross-functional technical teams including project planning.
* Plan and track the project via project schedules to ensure requirements and project deadlines are met.
* Resolve engineering design and test problems.
* Communicate requirements, schedules and deliverable information to internal and external customers and suppliers.
* Generate technical specifications including data sheets, requirements specifications and product specifications.
* Support Marketing by providing technical information required for data sheets and other marketing literature; providing feasibility studies for candidate new products and technology needed to serve targeted markets.
* Support sales by providing proposals and technical information related to new business opportunity activities.
* Assist with recruiting team members.
Skills & Experience
* BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
* 8+ years experience
* Experience in circuit design or semiconductor design
* Working knowledge of semiconductor processes and testing, with good mechanical aptitude. Experience with optical systems is a plus.
* Experience working in a lab setting with familiarity with test instruments.
* Experience writing system requirements.
* Ability to read and understand detailed technical documents such as design drawings, mechanical drawings, processes and product specifications.
* Ability to utilize applicable CAD/CAE development tools. Experience in programming languages is a plus.
* Strong communications skills both verbally and written. Capable of working effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
If you are interested in this Senior Design Engineer job in Plano, TX please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.
Valid through: 11/12/2021