This position will lead the demand planning process for multiple products and customers in the Consumer Integrated Tire Division. Scope will include developing and analyzing sales and order history, maintaining statistical models, and collaborating across functions to incorporate key drivers of growth or decline. Establishing strong relationships with business partners (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain) will be critical to understanding the business plans, risks, and opportunities and then speak to those elements when pursuing forecast alignment. This position is accountable for improving key forecast accuracy metrics to enable strong customer service, balanced inventory levels, and reliable financial planning.
- Develops forecast at an item / customer group / distribution center level through the tactical and operational horizon (telescoping 24 months).
- Performs statistical analysis and gathers drivers of demand input from multiple functions (Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, and Manufacturing).
- Incorporates drivers of demand into the forecast to reflect the expected impact of: Industry, share and economic trends, competitive issues and trends, marketing plans, promotional events and sales incentives, pricing and product strategies, and new product introductions and discontinuations.
- Collaborates with multi-functional partners to develop the forecast for new product launches, including the cannibalization impact to the broader portfolio.
- Updates forecast for entire planning horizon (5 years) for each stage-gate, including assisting with post-launch analysis.- Investigates root causes of forecast error and develops preventive/corrective measures.
- Initiates and drives process and system improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the forecasting process.
- Support improvements to the toolset, process, and culture around demand planning, and help to lead change throughout the organization.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, mathematics, supply chain, or business, plus 5 years experience in demand planning or sales forecasting. Candidates with > 10 years relevant work experience may also be considered.
- Understands fundamentals of demand forecasting and supply chain principles, including how forecast impacts downstream business areas.
- Strong analytical, and critical thinking skills. Ability to evaluate whether a result is reasonable.
- Ability to synthesize and filter inputs from multiple sources to identify the most important influencers of future demand.• Ability to work across the spectrum of macro to micro and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Organizationally agile, working through both formal and informal networks to solicit Demand drivers.
- Successful negotiator, able to reach alignment without damaging relationships.
- Experience with one or more demand planning software solutions, as well as proficiency in Excel is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. • Strong presentation skills and comfort presenting to higher management.
- Experience applying Industry-recognized process improvement methodologies, such as Six Sigma, preferred