Essential Job Duties
- Provides advanced DSS consulting services for internal and external users (i.e. data queries, data analysis, system background, and report design).
- Prepares ad hoc reports for internal (i.e. supporting cost reportschedules, facility data requests, behavioral health division) and external (i.e. Gjerset & Lorenz, Trinity, EHR) customers. This includes using decision support system, Siemens Data Warehouse, Access created databases, or other systems with an emphasis on process improvement and efficiency.
- Provides daily guidance for DSS Analyst I and II staff. Including cost accounting support, structure development, new facility implementation, patient reconciliation and indirect cost allocation updates as well as data mining information.
- Increased involvement in data integrity issues including source system reconciliation, daily postings and processing, and involvement in audit tool creation.
- Work independently with technical resources to resolve data issues and/or set up new data processes.
Bachelor's degree with 5 -8 years' experiencerequired.
- Advanced knowledge of cost accounting concepts.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Relational database knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of Crystal Reports and Access.
- Advanced knowledge of DSS application.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare coding (UB-92, ICD-9/10, CPT-4, HCPCS, DRG, etc.).
- Working SQL knowledge.