One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Senior Decision Support System Analyst II utilizes the decision support system to query and analyze data for all acute care facilities. This position also independently supports the corporate departments such as reimbursement, clinical integration, regional finance, PRM/IPM, etc. through report generation and analysis. This position takes a leading role in report and graph creation in the DSS Analytics tool. This position assists with data integrity issues related to system reconciliation and processing including working independently with technical resources regarding data processes and error resolution.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides advanced DSS consulting services for internal and external users (i.e. data queries, data analysis, system background, and report design).
- Prepares ad hoc reports for internal (i.e. supporting cost reportschedules, facility data requests, behavioral health division) and external (i.e. Gjerset & Lorenz, Trinity, EHR) customers. This includes using decision support system, Siemens Data Warehouse, Access created databases, or other systems with an emphasis on process improvement and efficiency.
- Provides daily guidance for DSS Analyst I and II staff. Including cost accounting support, structure development, new facility implementation, patient reconciliation and indirect cost allocation updates as well as data mining information.
- Increased involvement in data integrity issues including source system reconciliation, daily postings and processing, and involvement in audit tool creation.
- Work independently with technical resources to resolve data issues and/or set up new data processes.
Bachelor's degree with 5 -8years' experiencerequired.
- Advanced knowledge of cost accounting concepts.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Relational database knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of Crystal Reports and Access.
- Advanced knowledge of DSS application.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare coding (UB-92, ICD-9/10, CPT-4, HCPCS, DRG, etc.).
- Working SQL knowledge.