Hillrom (NYSE: HRC) is a $2.9B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions.
Hillrom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
This role will be responsible for the design, analysis and project management of the largest ($1M+) commercial deal strategies and structures for the top health systems and IDNs across North America. Role will also partner with marketing to create new and enhanced offerings that deliver strong value propositions to Hillrom customers and identify key learnings to simplify and streamline the sales support processes. The Deal Hub plays a supporting role to the Sales team in developing and advancing the deal funnel, increasing big deal win rates, and ensuring all requirements are met related to compliance, legal, contracting and pricing policies.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing and Business Leadership to understand customer needs and objectives while providing consultation and analysis enabling effective deal strategy and deal structuring.
- Own and drive internal analytics on large deal opportunities. Deal models may include: pricing and margin analysis, pricing compliance, risk share commitments, customers savings analysis. Other deal documents may include common terms and conditions, value propositions, customer presentations, RFP and quote packages.
- Lead and streamline collaboration across Hillrom Global Business Units (GBUs) and cross-functional teams (Operations, Finance, Legal, Marketing, etc). Serve as internal, single point of contact to create and close large, strategic, multi-GBU customer deals. Also support large single GBU deals as needed.
- Project manage incoming opportunities to include the scheduling and hosting of group calls, management of action trackers, and coordination of perspectives and approvals from internal functional partners.
- Ensure that customer deliverables are completed accurately, on time and in full compliance with Hillrom policies and procedures.
- Work to continuously improve business processes, product positioning and competitive strategy deployment across GBUs and business leadership.
- Responsible for identification, tracking and communication of deal hub metrics including deal funnel, win rate and deal velocity.
- Partner with local sales teams for the coordination and support of large transactional IDNs, in addition to supporting Enterprise Accounts team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university required.
- 10+ years of experience within a medical technology company in sales, negotiation, contracting, etc preferred
- Formal negotiation training or commensurate work history negotiating and executing significant contract/deals in excess of $1M
- Extensive knowledge of Hillrom’s product portfolio or similar healthcare technology experience
- Proven track record of building strong relationships internally with the ability to influence stakeholders with conflicting viewpoints to create mutually agreeable solutions that provide value to both the Company and the customer
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and initiatives, and excel in a fast paced work environment
- Capability to simplify complex situations and communicate effectively