Our client is hiring a Senior DBA Lead role to join their Enterprise Technology Services team.
This team will be responsible for 24/7 production support, maintaining QA and development database servers, and servicing a number of critical, high-speed trading and analytical applications.
This position will maintain hands-on responsibility for day-to-day DBA services and administration.
- Provide day-to-day database service and administration in a 24/6 shift operation
- Work closely with development teams in reviewing enterprise-wide database standards and ensuring the smooth transition of applications into production
- Improving Uptime and performance
- Increasing quality of production releases
- Reducing change-related outages
- Offering strong global support availability
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating and patching Oracle 11g/12c databases on Linux. Work at OS level on Linux
- Working in an Oracle 11g/12c environment including RAC, ASM, RMAN, PL/SQL, OEM Grid Control, Data Guard, Partitioning, database performance tuning, and configuring options such as Oracle Resource Manager
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating and patching MySQL database on Linux environment.
- Implementing, maintaining and testing Disaster Recovery methodology for all production databases.
- Implementing databasesecurity including password management, encryption, and DB auditing
- Performing regular database oversight, maintenance and housekeeping tasks
- 15+ years relevant IT experience
- 10+ years of experience in a DBA Lead or Admin/Engineering role
- 7+ years Oracle DBA supportexperience
- 3+ years of MS SQL/MySQL databasesupportexperience
- Excellent Database administration/Applications Performance Tuning skills
- Performance and tuning, application performance optimization, DatabaseArchitecture, big data management, and best practices in production, QA and development experience
- Solid working knowledge of Redhat Linux
- Enterprise experience with awareness of production processes, databasesecurity, and Access Management best practices
- Experience in a trading environment
- Production Management (ITIL disciplines)