What you’ll be doing...
You will provide DB2 database administration for theVerizon Wireless and Fios billing applications. For each project, meet with the impacted teams - development, business analysts, DA, etc. - to analyze the requirements and database impacts. This includes physical design, back-up and recovery, DDL generation, code reviews, and installation of the DB changes. In addition, this position will provide disaster recovery management, and post-release support as well as serve in the on-call rotation and provide off-hours outage support.
- Use the full suite of BMC and IBM tools and utilities: create the physical data model and the data definition language for new and changed objects.
- Ensure the various tablespace, table, and index parameters are set properly. Install the database changes into 95+ environments.
- Update all control cards in their respective libraries.
- Work with senior team members to verify proper security access is granted to the data and access paths are optimal.
- Provide on-call support for all the mainframe applications. Coordinate with other teams to identify the cause of problems, define the impact and determine and appropriate resolution. Support is 24*7 one week every two months.
- Participate in peer reviews of production work to ensure we are adhering to policies/procedures and the work is accurate.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- DB2 for z/OS database administration experience
- Experience with IBM and BMC utilities
- DB2 data sharingexperience
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Database and application performance tuning using tools such as Strobe, Explain, TMON, and DB2 Performance Monitor.
- Experience with data replication VIA database triggers and CDC.
- Experience with REXX.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.