First Citizens Bank is one of the top financial services providers in the nation, recognized and awarded for our customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability, and overall stability and security. Our associates make First Citizens Bank a great place for our clients to do business. Those who grow, achieve and succeed with First Citizens Bank are those who share our core values of integrity, service excellence and stability.
As a Senior Programmer Analyst, you will be a member of First Citizens Bank’s (FCB) Data Warehouse team. The role will support all the data warehouse projects here at the bank. Some of those projects will support Enterprise Risk, Basel, Financial Reporting, Stress-testing and Mergers. This role will be responsible for designing/maintaining FCB’s data integration infrastructure and is responsible for completing complex analysis & designing projects.
Additional duties include:
• Work in a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation.
• Work with the end user to get data requirements, performing complex data mapping and developing/maintaining ETL programs to support FCB’s enterprise data warehouse.
• Review data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy.
• Develop, maintain, and support the enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding data marts.
• Troubleshoot and tune existing data warehouse applications.
• Assist in establishing development standards and evaluates existing subject areas stored in the data warehouse.
• Incorporate existing subject areas into an enterprise model.
• Create new or enhanced components of the data warehouse.
• Provide direction and guidance to less experienced team members.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in software application development and maintenance with at least 2 years of DataStage programming experience.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 8 years of experience in software application development and maintenance with at least 2 years of DataStage programming experience.
• Experience analyzing, coding, testing, documenting, and installing projects of medium complexity.
• Working knowledge of System Life Cycle Development Methodology.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to perform tasks from multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with industry standard PC products. (Microsoft Office applications).
• Ability to provide 24-hour/7-days-per-week on-call support on a rotating basis.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science.
• DB2/Oracle/SQL Server experience.
• Netezza experience.
• Quest Toad or DbVisualizer experience.
• Banking/financial services industry experience.
• UNIX Shell Scripting.
• SQL programming.
• Dimensional modeling experience.
• Multi-dimensional schema experience.
• Loading data into the Data Warehouse and Performance Tuning experience.
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
• Data Modeling experience.
• IBM Cognos experience.