Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 174 days ago
Job Specific Description:
Bank of America is looking to expand its application development capabilities in the Plano, TX market. The Senior DataStage Developer will work side by side with business partners to ensure expected quality software is built to serve our customers and clients. They will be responsible for understanding business requirements, building/enhancing application components to support the requirements, enabling the testing organization to certify the applications, supporting the technologyinfrastructure team in production deployments and transitioning to the support team. The Senior DataStage Developer is expected to learn the business and technical components of an application and work with their peers to follow enterprise software development methodologies.
• May provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture for initiatives.
• Understand the organization’s overall strategies, how the business operates and more importantly what drives success in the business.
• Demonstrate financial expertise and knowledge of the bank’s products and services and their value to customers/clients.
• Proactively identify and escalates risks/concerns/issues with a sense of urgency.
Grow your career in our dynamic and fast paced environment of diverse software platforms and challenging projects that shape the future of the banking industry.
This position will be located at our Plano, TX, technology center
Required Skills (Must have these skills to be minimally qualified):
• 8 to 10 years of relevant IT software experience (Developer/Lead).
• 5+ years with DataStage, Database (Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server) on UNIX and UNIX Shell Scripts.
• Strong database background on one or more of these databases: Vertica, Mainframe, DB2, SQL Server, Teradata, Cassandra.
• Proven track record as a global technical lead.
• Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to acquire business domain knowledge quickly and effectively to take a role of subject matter expert for multiple applications.
• Deep understanding of the software development process.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• 3+ years with Mainframe and COBOL.
• Able to contribute to Automation, System Analysis and Develop shared/common solutions.
• Able to identify risks and mitigation.
• Comfortable working in a matrixed environment.
• Prior banking/financeexperience of working with globally distributed teams.
• Bachelor of Science/Engineering degree.
• Additional exposure to these skills would be a plus – IIS Metadata Workbench, JCL, CA7, BMC, FA, Endevor, DB2I, QMF, Easytrieve, MDM, C++, and Basic Java.
Job number: 18011511