- The Mid-Level Web Development Engineer will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations and administration of all Web based solutions. The engineer will lead or participate in the full software development life cycle of web-based solutions. The engineer will be responsible for reviewing web sites for adherence to organization specifications and standards, providing experience in troubleshooting system-related problems and possess thorough knowledge of web design principles as well as proficiency with web publishing software and protocols. The engineer will have an excellent understanding of Object Oriented Design / Development and of end to end web application architecture, from the layout / user interface to relational database structures. The engineer will be highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies; have excellent communication skills; be able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines; and have the ability to work both independently and on a team producing quality work products with attention to detail.
- Must have active TS clearance and eligible for SCI
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, enhances and documents ColdFusion programs.
- Designs and develops systems to meet business needs.
- Provides analyses and assists team lead in preparing level-of-effort estimates.
- Assists in developing and validating system requirements.
- Mentors junior developers.
- Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- U.S. Citizen and active Top Secret Security Clearance
- B.A., B.S. in Computer Science or related field or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing and implementing web solutions.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in web design, web architecture, web development, interface design, or software design.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with Adobe ColdFusion Enterprise version 11 or higher; including development and administration within a locked-down environment.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience programming with SQL Server 2008 or higher relational database.
- 4+ years of experience with managing and administration of Server 2008R2 Enterprise Operating System to include IIS7.x
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Office applications including Access, Project, PowerPoint, Vision and InfoPath Designer.
- 4+years of experience with development related applications including Eclipse, ColdFusion Builder 2/3, JIRA (Agile), Bamboo or Jenkins Continuous Integration, Subversion or GIT repositories and Mylyn.
- Security+ certification
- CSSLP certification
- GWeb certification
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Requirements:
- In-depth experience developing web-based applications
- Demonstrated experience with Agile (Kanban) development methodologies
- Knowledge of Accessibility /Section 508 compliance (U.S. Rehabilitation Act)
- Experience with designing and developing complex SharePoint sites consisting of multiple levels and accesses and integration of other applications (e.g., calendars, forms, workflows).
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external to Department of State), strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership of projects.
- Strong commitment to quality through work products and documentation of activities/processes/procedures.
- Ability to conceptualize, present and execute ideas in a timely manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Domestic Travel may be required for training and other purposes.