The ideal candidate provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establish goals and plans that meet project and service delivery objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Direct and control activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical and project management requirements for database administration and support are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation and operational performance. Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will support/lead development and maintenance of client and user support systems related to a broad range of business areas. Supervise or perform all activities related to the administration of computerized databases. Communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate need prior to development of an automated solution. Prepare detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates. D discuss procedures for processing data through the use of database management systems (DBMS) including relational data bases. Project long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers supporting client's information systems function. Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment. Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
• Ability to interpret requirements and translate into process flow tooling (e.g., Alfresco, Activity, Rational, Object Orientated Analysis & Design (OOAD, etc.).
• Experience with performing Functional Decomposition, Process/Data Modeling, Prototyping, Backlog Grooming, SWOT Analysis, Wireframes Creation and Decision Analysis.
• Strong experience with Agile development methodologies, ideally working on projects with both worker (internal) and public (external) users. Scrum Master Certification a plus.
• Familiar and experience with Software Development Life Cycle.
• Experience in User Experience Design (UxD). A history of working with Mobile, Web, Productivity Integration, Social Collaboration is a strong plus.
• Desired certifications: Microsoft Certified Application Developer, Oracle APEX, Oracle Certified Java, Oracle Certified Professional, Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer, Professional Scrum Developer, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 15years of applications development experience,. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.