Industry: Government & Non-Profit•
5 - 7 years
Posted 163 days agoby Mark Seemueller
CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Job Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
CyberData Technologies is looking to hire a senior level Database specialist to support the National Weather Service from the National Water Center (NWC) in Tuscaloosa, AL. The successful candidate will work as part of a team that designs, develops, and maintains flood forecasting and decision making software for the National Weather Service/Office of Water Prediction. The senior database specialist will work very closely with government personnel, hydrologic, and Hydraulic scientists and other partners, on a daily basis to make design and implementation decisions.
Involvement in database design and data management planning and implementation.
* Develop modernized database solutions that increase scalability and performance and minimize downtime; perform modeling to assess and enhance database capacity and performance.
Customize databases and software to meet client data storage needs including the ability to read, create and modify database models.
Configures databases and web servers to support application software while keeping databases and web servers compliant with defined standards.
Writes and maintains system documentation according to established standards to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
Work within a small team to include software implementation, O&M activities, technical writing, and coordination meetings.
* Bachelor* s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience (+4 years of experience in replacement)
* 5+ years of experience in database design, implementation, maintenance, and management.
* Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies in a service-oriented architecture and integrated development environment.
* Knowledge with the following software/programming languages/tools: Java, C/C++, XML, Shell Script, Python, SQL, Postgres, Docker Container. Version control tools (e.g., svn, git, etc.)
* Experience with RedHat Linux operating system, Virtual machine.
* Solid hands-on experience with RDBMS modeling/admin and development. Also knowledge of hardware required for effective database operations.
* Education and/or experience working in Physical Science field.
* Experience with geospatial databases and web-based geospatial technology.
* Knowledge with Ceph platform is a plus