FORBES LIST OF AMERICA'S BEST EMPLOYERS 2018
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you'll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time--and we're looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
- Writes logical and physical database descriptions including location, space, access method and security. Specifies user and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to management system or directs others in coding descriptions. Establishes and calculates optimum values for database parameters.
- Develops data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures using pen, template, or computer software. Tests, corrects errors and modifies changes to programs or database.
- Selects and enters codes to monitor database performance and create production database. Reviews procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
- Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to database management system. Reviews workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform such as updating records.
- Confers with coworkers to determine scope and limitations of projects.
- Revises company definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
- Creates and maintains database services across technology platforms (IBM, Dell, HP & Sun servers, desktop MS products and connecting technologies such as SQL net) by providing connectivity methodologies.
- Reviews project request submitted describing database users needs, estimates time and cost requirements and makes alternative recommendations when appropriate in order to meet business needs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applications which utilize database technologies.
- Maintains working knowledge of end user tools like Discoverer Query for both server, browser and client environments. Include installation, general knowledge in use, set up business areas, workbooks and troubleshooting of problems. Must have detailed knowledge of patch installations.
- Implements and supports data warehousing and supporting technologies
- Excellent hands on experience in Cloud Infrastructure like AWS, Oracle, Azure, Google and Cloud Migrations
- Well versed with Oracle Exadata , Exalogic, ODA , SQL and Mainframe environments.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 10 or more years of Information Systems related experience in application development and database management systems
- Working knowledge of IBM, Dell, HP & Sun servers, Cloud
- Knowledge and Skills:Expert in Database Administration and Cloud Technologies’
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Oracle, Sql server, Cloud
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a) and 401(k) Retirement Plans--up to 9% employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.