Senior Database Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Defense Manpower Database Center (DMDC) supports major programs and initiatives within the Department of Defense (DoD) and maintains the largest archive of personnel, manpower, training, security and financial data within the DoD. The scope of this effort, Enterprise Management Information Technology Services (EMITS), is to provide a full range of Information Technology (IT) related services and technical solutions. This effort will provide support to DMDC to consolidate legacy data centers into a single operational and fail-over site as well as streamline its functions in support of its future operations. Lastly, the contractor shall remain abreast of emerging technologies in the marketplace and recommend changes, modifications, and upgrades and industry best practices. Overall Program tasks are expected to include: (1) Provide Program Management; (2) Provide Transition Support (3) Policy, Procedures, and Operations Support; (4) IT Core Services Support; (5) Customer Services Support; and (6) Transformational IT Support.
- Provides database administration of Oracle or SQL databases and Database Management Systems (DBMS) software, including supporting, operating and maintaining database clusters and databases.
- Duties include installation, configuration, maintenance, and alert monitoring, including monitoring database performance, including troubleshooting.
- Adds or creates new databases, including support for validating requirements, installation and configuration, testing and validation and production of said databases.
- BS or equivalent + 5 yrs experience, or MS + 3 yrs experience
- Virtualization experience
- Must be able to pass a National Agency Check/Inquiry
- IAT Level II plus Computing Environment (CE) certification