Who We Are: Kibo. We provide industry leading eCommerce, distributed order management, and mobile point-of-sale solutions to retailers and branded manufacturers. Our cloud-based commerce suite enables customers to meet consumer demands anywhere, any time, and on any device. We have US offices in Texas and California and international offices in London.
Who You Are: A fledgling Senior Database Engineer who loves challenges, has a thirst for knowledge and is excited to learn! You will be responsible for the databaseinfrastructure and deployment of various enterprise level multi-tenant SaaS solutions. The primary focus of this position is to ensure our applications stay running while thinking of new ways to improve processes.
Why You Should Apply: This position offers you the opportunity to work with a newly formed organization on their industry leading eCommerce solutions. This role offers amazing growth potential for individuals looking to take their career to the next level. Your duties include, but are not limited to designing, building and maintaining databases in cloud environments (Public/Private); focusing on the engineering side of databases, uptime, access control, automation and configuration management tools.
· Maintaining mission critical day-to-day operations of databases.
· Architecting/Designing and building High Availability database environments in the cloud (Amazon Web Services (ec2, RDS instances).
· Work with Development and develop standards for MSSQL, Mongo, and PostgreSQLdatabases.
· Develop strategy for backups/restores, and DR for databases in AWS as well as physical datacenter environments.
· Review application queries, query plans, and other performance aspects of databases. Work with development to address performance issues.
· Configuration management and automation.
· Security and Monitoring for databases.
· Review tools for performance analysis and automation.
· Develop documentation.
Skills & Requirements
· Extensive engineeringexperience with MSSQL, Mongo, and PostgreSQLdatabases.
· Understanding performance analysis of databases.
· Ability to develop queries/stored procedures to identity and/or resolve issues.
· Deployment of databases and support.
· Experience dealing with high uptime environments, along with Change Control processes.
· An understanding of Windows, Linux, and .Net/Java applications.
· Knowledge of hardening databases and closing security vulnerabilities associated with them.
· Candidate should have solid problem-solving skills, professional demeanor, willingness to contribute at all levels, strong technical skills, ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic and an ability to communicate effectively.
· 4-yeardegree in Information Technology or similar field
· Experience with implementation and management of databases on SQLServer, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, or MySQLdatabases.
· Knowledge of database engine, stored procedures, building of queries, execution plans.
· Management of database instances in Colo or AWS rds/ec2.