About the Opportunity
DMI is seeking a Senior Database Engineer to be responsible for building and supporting large scale Java applications utilizing an Oracle database. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop the database solution, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential. The ideal candidate will have direct or indirect experience with electronic records management systems; Adobe forms development; personnel records; mass storage solutions; as well as commercial and government security requirements.
- Design highly scalable software solutions to improve functionality and system longevity
- Collaborate with project managers to implement end-to-end solutions for complex projects
- Analyze current systems to maintain integrity and improve architecture
- Remain informed of current trends and technology developments
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports and queries
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support procurement and development efforts.
- Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop relational database and secondary databases.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to database.
- Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications.
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Auditing of databases for data accuracy, appropriate data usage, and quality control.
- Collaborative development of database strategies supporting defined requirements.
- Stakeholder interaction associated with user access to various databases.
- Resolution of database data conflicts and/or inappropriate data usage.
- Periodic maintenance of the data dictionary.
- Database related engineering research and analysis.
- New technical solution analysis and third-party product identification.
Education and experience:
- Senior Database Engineer with 10+ years of experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering
Required Qualification and Certificaions:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- CompTIA Security+
- Oracle 12 Certification
- Active Security Clearance at the Secret level
- Oracle database design and maintenance,
- Linux operating system;
- Scheduled database upgrades and patching;
- Oracle RAC implementation;
- Data Guard implementation;
- Oracle database controls;
- Performance tuning;
- SAN/NAS storage arrays;
- Tomcat and WebLogic middleware;
- Content Search Engines.
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Min. Citizenship Status Required: US Citizen Only
Location: Fort Knox, KY or Fort Carson, CO
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.