$100K — $150K *
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The LIMS team is looking for an experienced and energetic Oracle DB Engineer to provide DBA support in building Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and other supporting services to facilitate and streamline lab operations.
As an Oracle expert on the LIMS team, you will:
· Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness.
· Lead the database design, deployment, troubleshooting, and reporting on our high-performance LIMS database to support our mission of serving cancer patients.
· Optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use
· Mentor junior developers
· Have a holistic view of processes and systems involved in taking patient samples from order to result in a multi-product clinical laboratory
· Communicate and vet design proposals with cross-functional teams and incorporate feedback prior to implementation
· Design for high efficiency, reusability, scalability by following industry best practices or creating new ones when needed
· Develop and maintain automated tests for regular releases
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are comfortable with every aspect of the software development lifecycle, from requirements to production support. You can collaborate within and across teams, understand the big picture, create database schema designs, implement and prove your code is great with automated test results. You are able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting. You are eager to learn new technologies and creative in problem solving. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles and business needs. You are a champion of agile/scrum. You know the value of written word and can create right-size documentation. You seek feedback and integrate it in a professional manner.
In addition, you bring:
· 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools.
· 5 years of enterprise software development in an agile environment.
· Understanding of laboratory operations, regulations and compliance in healthcare industry
· Hands-on experience with data modeling, developing schemas (relational databases, XML/JSON), data management and processing (relational and NoSQL data stores)
· Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework, understanding of test automation and continuous integration
· Bachelor degree in software engineering, CS/EE, science, or any biomedical fields
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Valid through: 4/2/2021
$80K — $100K
7 days ago