You are a passionate Database Engineer - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities… which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
The senior database engineer architects, designs, codes and tests multi-platform databases, database as service, enables CI/CD for database install, configure, patch, upgrade, backup and monitoring while responding to problem and project change requests of the highest complexity and risk. The incumbent provides leadership, technical guidance, training and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise. The incumbent is responsible for the efficient application of currently relevant and appropriate emerging technology in the development of quality products within the constraints of time and budget.
Ideally, this individual will reside in our Camp Hill, PA, Chicago, IL, Milwaukee, WI or Wausau, WI office.
- Harmonize the relational databasetechnologies within Footlocker and create adoption of database as service.
- Create CI/CD for database – Install, configure, scale up/down, backup/recovery, Test data management, monitoring
- Enable and support the data analytics platform to meet the consumer insight.
- Develop processes and automation to manage the databases.
- Provide off-hour assistance and support during critical outage situations.
- Participate in a 24 x 7on call rotation
- Strong knowledge in MySQL and MYSQL as service, SQL server and Working knowledge on Oracle
- Strong knowledge in managing highly available databases in Azure, VMWare and Physical servers
- Experience in Continuous integration environment for database
- Familiarity with NOSQL databases like Cassandra, CosmoDB or CouchDB is a plus
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills with particular focus on automation
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Hands on experience in Jenkins, Chef, JSON/XML
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field and 6+ years of related work experience.
- Experience working on cross functional teams, multitasking and managing time independently with little direction.
- Experience with MySQL, SQL, Chef, Jenkins, Hadoop, Python/Ruby, Powershell and Unix