Senior Database Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Our Direct Hire Technology Practice is currently searching for a Senior Database Engineer (Big Data analytics) to join a company in the Bethesda, MD area. This position will be responsible for building the data warehouse for an enterprise organization. Big Data expertise required. This is a FTE career opportunity.
The Senior Database Engineer is responsible for growing our data infrastructure to support analytics and predictive product features. They will lead the effort to develop the data warehouse to enable engineering, analytics, and product teams to incorporate data insights into our product and Business Intelligence tools. 1-2 years of Big Data analytics experience is desired.
Job Requirements: Candidates should understand and have a proven track record with:
- Designs and supports the database and table schemas for new and evolving sources of data brought into the data warehouse
- Creates and supports the ETL to facilitate bringing data into the data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services
- Designs and develops analytic and reporting solutions
- Monitors and continuously optimizes performance and scalability
- Establishes best practices for data warehousing techniques and architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 3-5years creating data warehouses, ETL.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (or similar ETL tool)
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Must have Big Dataexperience Spark, Map Reduce and the Hadoop ecosystem including Hive or Pig
At this time, our client is only able to consider candidates that are eligible to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.