By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they'll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture, and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world class company. Our employees live by our core values, including "Innovate to Change the Game," "Passion About Customer Success," "Win as a Team," and "Have a Blast." Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory, or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
Being a Senior Database Engineer gives you the chance to become an integral member of the AvidXchange software development team, building best-in-class advancements to our products. You will analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and implement database solutions within AvidXchange's suite of applications. You'll assist with the onboarding and mentoring of Database Engineers including: explaining company domain knowledge, sharing standard methodologies, and performing code reviews. Working with other disciplines, such as software, product, architecture, dev/ops, and performance, you will design the best product solutions. You'll also grow your interpersonal skills in an open, engaging, and collaborative environment. You will use your expertise to provide technical leadership for a development team.
- Performing full life cycle SQL code and model development, including researching technical options for features, providing guidance and feedback on the findings and building proof of concepts to confirm the best approach.
- Work with performance engineers to monitor system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance and availability.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning, schema refinement, and determining differences between releases/environments.
- Provide on-call support for critical production systems.
- Support scheduled maintenance and release deployment activities.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Accountable for the state of the Data Dictionary as changes are introduced to the data model
- Performs database code/script/package reviews. Ensuring code follows documented standards and best practices.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of database-related goals, objectives, policies, and priorities; Recommend and implement resulting policies and procedures.
- Define short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall database technology roadmap
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance
- Works with Principle Database Engineer and Architects to implement new DB technology solutions
- Work cross-functionally and provide positive influence and leadership across assigned teams
Areas of Impact:
You will have the opportunity to feed your passion for building new product features to improve our customers' experience and to expand your technical expertise. You'll also grow your interpersonal skills in an open, engaging, and collaborative environment.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of developing for MS SQL Server or performing Database Administration duties
- Strong understanding of SQL Server Db utilities, backup, and recovery
- Strong knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform both DB and OS performance tuning and monitoring
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server security, resource management, data integrity, performance tuning and its tools
- Sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Relevant technical certification a plus (MCITP, MCTS, MVP)
- Experience with implementing solutions utilizing Azure Cosmos DB
- Ability to utilize Azure technologies such as Azure Data Factory to move data
- Experience with Azure Data Catalog to capture data documentation
Your knowledge/experience in any of these areas is a plus:
- Experience with web-based financial systems
- Practicing Agile software development processes (Scrum/Kanban)
As a successful Senior Database Engineer at AvidXchange, you can expect to succeed at the following:
- You will demonstrate a deep understanding of design methodologies, patterns, prototyping technologies, and programming techniques and the ability to design and build optimal product solutions.
- You will show an in-depth knowledge the appropriate tools and processes to minimize security vulnerabilities in our custom-crafted software.
- You will build strong, open, effective communication channels with your immediate and extended teams, across technical disciplines, and with your management to deliver quality products.
- You will drive innovative solutions, technical leadership, and process improvements to help your team deliver superior results.
- You will immerse yourself in a company culture that cares about its clients and its employees and balancing work with life.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against
applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age
and physical or mental disability.