Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.Senior Database DeveloperPerspecta has an immediate need for a Senior Database Developer - in Wilkes-Barre, PA; Eagan, MN; San Mateo, CA; St. Louis, MO; Raleigh, NC.
- Under direct supervision, with duties that include instructing, directing and checking the work of other technical staff.
- Review design documents and ensure technical specifications and designs are correct.
- Perform all functional duties independently.
- Work on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Lead technical staff assigned for the duration of a project or may function as ongoing lead for technical staff associated with one or more technical areas.
- Does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, although may provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals.
- A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in software development, database design/development and/or related field.
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program.
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Experience in training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with designing, implementing and maintaining complex relational databases.
- Development experience with more than one DBMS product (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server).
- Strong knowledge of/experience with DBMS Job Control Language (JCL), access methods, access time, performance tuning, device allocation, validation checks, organization, security, documentation and statistical methods.
- Considerable experience with maintenance of database dictionaries and overall monitoring of compliance with standards and procedures.
- Extensive experience with system integration through database design.
- Excellent communication skills