Financial Services company has an incredible opportunity for a Senior Database Developer to join a team focused on improving and maintaining the reliability of the company's software and services platform. Have you been waiting on the opportunity to join a winning technical team? Now's your chance.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for technology. You love using technology differently to maximize opportunity and impact for customers and you have a way of bringing out that same fire in the people you work with
- Is motivated. You're driven to be the best whether that's decreasing system down time or making an innovative change to how it's always been done resulting in a more efficient way of supporting the customer. You challenge yourself by setting goals and exceeding them
- Is collaborative. You're excited to work with fellow engineers and big thinkers. You know how to collaborate not only within the department, but also across the organization
- Wants to make an impact. You're looking to do amazing work. You value preventing problems from occurring over being caught in the chaos zone putting out fires and looking for the hero spotlight
- Strives for frictionless IT. You understand the importance of building great partnerships. You promote a seamless, smooth, user friendly and reliable environment.
What you'll do all day:
- Be a data wizard. Create, manipulate, access, and deliver data in the most efficient ways possible.
- Work the data. Create processes to load, transform, and deliver data to business users, end-customers, 3rd-party vendors, and application developers.
- See the data. Build insightful data models, reports, analytics and dashboards to help meet business initiatives and make decisions.
- Learn the data. Utilize your extensive expertise in RDBMS, database concepts, and data profiling techniques to understand our data and be able to use it productively.
- Make us better. Identify, advocate for, and implement solutions to improve performance and efficiencies across systems, APIs, and overnight batch processing. Develop quality code that is maintainable and avoids problems. Promote a culture for effective documentation and lessons-learned.
- Be a great team member. Be able to balance project-based and day-to-day support tasks. Identify smart and creative ways to solve any issues or challenges. Provide guidance and best practice expertise on database systems design. Mentor junior members and provide training.
- Show off your work. Embrace transparency and share metrics around our levels of service with the rest of the company and our customers.
The skills you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar field
- 5+ years of RDBMS Development Experience and ETL
- 2+ years of experience in the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience in scripting for automation (Python, Linux, PowerShell)
- Knowledge in NoSQL technologies (preferably MongoDB)
- Ability to learn new things (languages, tools, frameworks) very quickly
- Financial services background preferred
And a few key qualities about this role:
- The job is based on the unknown which inevitably means change. If you like to know what you're going to do every day, you may not like working on this team. You have to go with the flow here.
- Collaboration is imperative. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
- Tech snobs are welcomed. We deal with all technology Linux and Windows; .NET and Java; SQL and noSQL (mongoDB); RabbitMQ and other open source tools and libraries. We love technology and want to work with all of it.