Senior Database Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Ready for an exciting change? Diverse Tech Staffing is currently seeking a senior database analyst for a great direct hire opportunity in the downtown Indianapolis area.
Come work with a reputable team as you provide database administration for the company's database systems through monitoring, maintenance, and ongoing development to enhance the company's database environments and supporting systems.
Here is what you can expect to do in this role:
- Administration of database systems and related tools
- Install and upgrade database systems and database tool sets
- Manage database system storage including the planning of future storage requirements
- Work with cross functional teams to implement database system solutions
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters
- Implement new releases and complete maintenance requirements - evaluate computer operating systems and hardware products
- Administer, maintain, develop, and assist with implementing policies and procedures for ensuring the security of the company's database
- Recommend solutions and provide user training
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the database administration or in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with MS SQL Server and/or Oracle database administration, programming using T-SQL or PL-SQL
- Must be proficient in the following systems: Oracle Database Administration, Oracle SQL or PL-SQL, T-SQL, Windows PowerShell or Batch scripting, Unix Shell scripts, UNIX
- Experience with capacity planning, disaster recovery planning, and system configuration
- Must have a working knowledge of structured analysis and database administration
- Experience with administration and use of Power Designer, Erwin, or similar modeling tool
- A combination of technical knowledge, project management, and extremely strong problem-solving skills are essential
- Ability to lift 45 pounds and be able to work outside normal hours to configure and install, test, debug hardware and software systems
- Must not have been convicted on any civil or criminal charge that would suggest a risk to bank security
Diverse Tech Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.