As a Sr. Database Administrator at WebPT you’ll be responsible for administering all of WebPT’s MySQL and SQL server databases. You also will play a critical role on our data services team, as you’ll ensure healthy uptime in all of our databases. Additionally, you’ll help optimize queries and database objects as well as handle some database development projects.
- Build, manage, and maintain MySQL 5.6 server.
- Manage and maintain user and group assignments within MySQL server.
- Make sure everything’s always up to code (i.e., review and deploy database code).
- Keep a pulse on MySQL server performance and operations.
- Become our database Mr. or Ms. Fix-It—that is, troubleshoot and repair any problems that pop up.
- Perform backup and recovery testing.
- Ensure our SQL server is de-bugged and optimized.
- Maintain and improve master-slave and master-master replication.
- Handle MySQL query and table optimization
- Lend a helping hand for off-hours support, when necessary.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and compliance adhering to all HIPAA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
Abilities and Knowledge
- Manage and configure database servers like a boss. We’re talkin’ minimal downtime and supervision.
- Know MySQL through and through. We need a practiced pro at data replication, integration, and clustering
- Effectively collaborate with development and QA teams—both onsite and off.
- Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable—in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Be highly motivated. You’ve got to self-navigate your way through a lot of ambiguity.
- Talk nerdy to me—er, all of us. You’ll be tackling some of our toughest problems, so you need to know your stuff and talk about it confidently, accurately, and honestly.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, engineering, or a closely related discipline
- Experience working in Linux and Microsoft operating system environments
- 7+ years of experience in MySQL replication/clustering
- Experience working in multi-data center MySQL replication
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS experience is a major plus)
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.