Under the supervision of the Manager Database Administration, manage and provide support for the banks Oracle databases. As a member of the database administration group, the incumbent will assist in the team effort to maximize the availability, security, and performance of the databases.
- Provide on-site database and system support
- Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance
- Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance
- Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts
- Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems)
- Plan and perform software and database installation, configuration, upgrade and patching
- Perform and manage system and database backups
- Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure
- Willingness to work flexible hours, outside of regular business hours, nights, weekends.
- Migration project experience
- FI/Banking industry experience
- Any experience with Oracle OLAP, OWB, OEM, Perl, MS-SQL,Sybase,
- Oracle DBA 11g, 12c (5+ years experience with production database creation, upgrade and administration - NOT application )
- Oracle 11g 12c on Windows (5+ years experience with setup, configuration, support)
- Oracle RAC+ASM (5+ years experience with setup, configuration, support)
- Oracle ODBC, JDBC, Heterogeneous Connectivity (5+ set-up environment, configure, and support)
- Oracle Data Guard (5+years experience)
- Performance tuning (5+ years experience)
- Oracle Exadata.
- A degree in Computer Science, math, or related discipline. Oracle DBA OCP certification in is desirable
Requisition ID: 42485