The Senior Database Administrator ensures the secure collection and storage of mission-critical, corporate data; making data available to the end user community on a secure, "need-to-know" basis; restoring all databases, while retaining full data integrity, to alternate systems in the event of a disaster or catastrophe; and managing all databases and related systems using the most current software and best practices in a secure, conservative manner to deliver these services to the user community.
- Participates in the corporate-wide SQL server database administration and control in a high availability, clustered SQL-server based database environment.
- Assists with application development staff to develop databasearchitectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Designs, creates, enhances, reviews and executes DTS/SSIS packages, stored procedures, triggers and database schemas.
- Monitors database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Participates in the evaluation and recommendation of DBA tools.
- Performs on-call duties and system implementations and upgrades that may occur after normal business hours and weekends as required to minimize business impact.
- Implements, maintains, and documents policies, procedures and standards to ensure security and integrity of test and production data.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle.
- Assess and develops long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and departments.
- BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- 5-10 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- 10+ years Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Performs installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations of MS SQL Server database environments
- Performs installation/administration/monitoring of Windows Clustering and SQL Server High Availability environments and Always On Availability Groups
- Performs installation/administration/monitoring of database cloning and replication processes
- Performs storage and capacity planning
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Proficient with T-SQL query writing (DDL,DML, DCL &TML)
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Experience working with Very Large Databases and storage management techniques
- Experience migrating and/or managing databases in the cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Experience using PowerShell for database administration and maintenance tasks
- Experience working on 24x7 environments oriented towards a zero downtime target
- Experience with SQL in virtual, physical and cloud based environments.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Knowledge of DB deployment techniques from development to production
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Participates in monthly on-call rotation
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to mentor other DBA
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good written and oral communication skills