Redwood City, CA
Less than 5 years
Posted 96 days ago
This position has wide exposure to various database and DBaaS features running on the latest and best hardware. Your primary job responsibility will be to design, develop, and execute multi-user workloads and monitor, profile, and analyze performance and also investigate OS, compiler, network, and hardware issues that affect cloud performance. Regular collaboration with the development teams will be required to understand the features and to work towards improving product performance.
• MS or PHD in Computer Science or related field. BS may be considered with outstanding skills and experience
• 2+ years of software industry experience
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong shell scripting, C, and/or Java Programming
• Understanding of Linux operating system
• Understanding of Database technologies
• Familiarity with database and/or server administration and performance
• Familiarity with system monitoring or profiling tools is desirable
• Exposure to virtualization or DB service in the cloud will be an advantage
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.