Job Duties and Responsibilities
The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
• Maintain all current Microsoft Access and SQL databases and develop new databases as needed
• Performs visual basic coding to support Microsoft Access database development
• Coordinate with subject matter experts to obtain and verify data for new and existing databases
• Develop and perform structured queries as needed; design, develop, modify and generate specific reports upon request; create tables, queries, and forms; and provide hard copies as requested
• Ensure the quality, accuracy, and consistency of all database entries
• Create and maintain documentation or users’ guides for each database and train designated personnel on use of databases, as needed
• Assist in the integration/connectivity of multiple Oracle based databases operating at multiple independent levels of security
• Provide technical guidance
• 7 - 9 years related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Proficient in Microsoft Access Databases and a working knowledge of Oracle
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents
• Requires travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.