Job Description:L3Harris Corporation is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator with experience in managing SQL Server database and working within Red Hat Linux, Solaris operating, Windows OS. You will support multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, maintaining, managing databases (via command line, OEM, and SSMS).
- Manage databases while working with Oracle RAC, Grid infrastructure (ASM and Clusterware), Data Guard (logical and physical standby), Oracle Enterprise Manager. SQL Server database management on VMWARE
- Regularly work with database backup/recovery, high availability, and data replication for both Oracle and SQL Server.
- Develop and improve response times of database queries by completing system performance tuning and diagnostic-related tasks
- Support systems and database patching and upgrade requirements while adhering to security standards
- Control the security of the database systems and how users interact with the data
- Complete database activities including documenting database processes and creating jobs and stored procedures.
- Plan and execute Implementations of new data related applications and systems
- Review and implement new database designs based on developer requirements
- Complete health monitoring activities and proactive correction of issues
- Regularly collaborate with other engineering teams and
- Obtain and maintain clearance.
- Periodically work On-call rotation with other team members and be within 1-hour driving radius of the Melbourne, FL facility.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience; or a Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, and minimum 4 years related experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of database administration with Oracle and SQL Server databases (2012 and later) performing the specification, selection, evaluation, testing, deployment, and operation of database applications.
Additional Skills Considered:
- Experience developing, configuring and maintaining Linux and Windows Operating Systems (OS).
- Prior FAA telecommunications and database administration experience is a plus.
- Experience in performing Oracle to SQL Server migrations
- Experience with Postgres 9.5
- Experience in Oracle Database 11g, 12c, 19c
- Experience with migrating databases to lower cost options.
- Experience writing and debugging stored procedures
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience configuring and performing core database administration from installation to disaster recovery