Perform SQL database administration tasks:
- Monitoring and tuning all SQL databases to ensure availability
- Monitoring production databases and data processing jobs
- Implementing and administering database replication
- Troubleshooting performance issues relating to indexes, fine-tuning queries and stored procedures
- Coordinating database checkpoint frequencies, archive logging, resource usage with programmers and system Administrators
- Creating capacity planning forecast
- Establishing and maintaining custom-tailored backup/restore procedures and disaster recovery plans for Production Servers.
- Enhancing system availability
- 24 X 7 Production support
Provide support to Application Development Groups in the following ways:
- Providing logical database structures alternatives
- Creating a physical database design
- Helping with construction, testing and installation
- Ensuring application performance, integrity and availability
- Proficient with system development techniques and tools
SQL Server Software Maintenance:
- Installing, configuring, securing SQL Production servers
- Upgrading databases from earlier versions to the latest versions
- Applying MS maintenance fixes
- Providing technical support to the application developers
- Reviewing new databases that come with purchased packages
Skills and Qualification Requirements:
- Experience supporting mission critical production systems is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with peers, other application teams and clients.
- Provide direction to application development team(s)
- Organization and time management skills are critical.
- Must continue to enhance technical knowledge and skills through research and experimentation, in-house and
- Candidate must have a 4 yeardegree (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of MS SQL Server Administration experiencerequired
- Requires solid knowledge of MS SQL Server programming and administration for mission critical systems