Greenberg Traurig (GT), a global law firm, has an exciting full-time employment opportunity for a Senior Database Administrator in the Technology Department of our Doral (Miami) or Atlanta (ACE) office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
- The Senior Database Administrator (Senior DBA) will administer our SQL Server database servers and
- work with application owners to ensure that all enterprise databases are secure, reliable, and scalable.
- The Senior DBA will provide guidance and direction to other individuals who access the information
- from any enterprise database. This person will also develop and execute ad-hoc queries and custom
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain all enterprise SQL database operations including SQL server updates and patches.
- Review current architecture, update and optimize all the firm's enterprise database systems.
- Architect new database systems.
- Create custom queries, data-driven SSRS subscriptions, migration scripts, and execute other tasks database-related tasks as needed.
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrable experience configuring, operating and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server.
- Sound understanding of SQL Server technology features and limitations.
- Ability to create performance projections based upon hardware, OS, databases design, query structures and interactions between external systems with the database servers.
- Ability to evaluate and recommend technological changes in the database environment to support business objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively communicate technical details to persons without technical experience.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accurately follow documented procedures and a strong aptitude for learning new technologies as they are incorporated into the computing environment.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor's degree plus minimum 5 years’ experience in design, development, administration, and maintenance of enterprise-level MS SQL Server database systems.
- In-depth, advanced knowledge of SQL Server database structures, security, storage solutions, virtualization, replication, and clustering.
- Demonstrable experience in database design, creating standards and processes, capacity planning, disaster recovery planning, accessibility, scalability and documentation for SQL Server.
- Demonstrable experience in development of complex queries, SSIS Packages and SSRS reports.