At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Senior Database Administrator to join our team in Falls Church, Virginia (US-VA), United States (US).
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining existing product releases, new feature development and working with our support team to solve customer issues. This role requires strong debugging and problem-solving skills. You will be a key part of the team and will be responsible for delivering high quality solutions and always be looking for ways to improve products and processes.
- Experience working withdatabasearchitecture and schema for very large databases (think Terabytes!) and very large tables (think Gigabytes)
- Partitioned Tables/Indexes (Switching/Merging/Splitting)
- Performance tuning/code debugging
- Hierarchical datasets
- Building and maintaining SSIS packages
- Building and maintaining SSAS cubes
- Building and maintaining production SQL jobs
- Building and maintaining SQL reports using SSRS
This position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience Microsoft SQL Server database development experience
- 2+ years of experience with ERwin
- 1+ years of experience with SSIS and/or SSAS
- Demonstrated ability to make accurate level of effort (LOE) estimates
- Demonstrated knowledge of T-SQL, including transactions, (begin..try, merge, common table expressions, ROW_NUMBER/OVER, bulk insert, filtering and/or covering indexes, computed columns)
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours (if necessary) to accomplish business objectives
- Knowledge of replication (transactional) and clustering
- Experience with Agile development, software and web development technologies (e.g. C#, ASP.NET) is desired
- Experience with building and maintaining SSAS cubes preferred, but not necessary
- Excellent statistical analysis skills, ability to research and analyze various different types of data information, and to effectively manage the delivery of that data
- A passion for, and unyielding pursuit of good, clean and standardized code
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Effective communicators with the ability to maintain honest and open communication at all times with individuals at all levels internally
Req ID: 35310