What does it take to protect and maintain the most sensitive data for over 220 million people and 25 million businesses
What does it take to meet daunting challenges and shape solutions that pioneer industries and improve lives.
At Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike.
With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers.
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business
Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the market leader, we pride ourselves on building new markets and leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position ECS has enjoyed for more than a decade and we aren’t looking to stop now.
Experian’s Technology team is seeking a talented Senior Database Administrator. The successful applicant will join a highly experienced and motivated Distributed Database team, responsible for the support & development of MySQL Server, MS SQL Server and other data platforms running highly critical applications within the UK and North America. Experian needs someone managing highly available 24*7 database platforms, build strong trusted relationships with the business & deliver innovate solutions at lowest cost of operation.
• Proven ability to trouble shoot performance on highly transactional MySQL, MS SQL servers.
• Working closely with System Engineer and DevOps team to design and implement data platform and performance tuning.
• Working closely with Architecture team to define the standard and best practices.
• Responsible for database recovery planning and execution backup, restore and disaster recovery activities using integrated tools and industry standard 3rd party tools.
• Responsible for Physical database design by working with other teams.
• Responsible for tracking metrics (performance, uptime, issues).
• Responsible for all Root Cause Analysis.
• Responsible for data movement across different environment, different platform using available tool.
• Documentation for any type of changes and documentation of standard operating procedures.
• Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented and able to work independently.
• Champion and manage new initiatives to completion to improve and streamline operations processes and maximize systems availability.
• Resolve complex problems that have implications beyond your own area.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field from an accredited four-year university required.
• 4 - 6 years’ recent production support as a DBA on MySQL Server, MS SQL.
• Cloud experience is a big plus.
• Experience with relational database technology and large, complex databases.
• Experience with other data movement tool is a big plus.
• Mirroring - Replication - Clustering - Failover Database architecture and design.
• Experience on highly transactional systems with 24/7 up times.
• Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills.
• Fast turnaround in delivering robust reliable solutions.
• Able to work with Database Engineers on Data Modelling and design.
• Strong trouble shooting and performance tuning ability.