As a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator to assist in successful operations of the SpringCM platform. The ideal candidate is highly experienced in Microsoft technologies, custom developed .NET applications, N-tier design, and Service-Oriented Architectures.
The Database Administrator reports to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering and is expected to participate with other engineers in the Infrastructure and DevOps teams, as well as with R&D and QA teams, in order to optimize the performance, scalability, and availability of the rapidly growing SpringCM platform and its supporting infrastructure.
- Management of multiple SQL Server clusters in test and Production environments, in multiple data centers.
- Provide ongoing monitoring, performance tuning, and support of SQL.
- Implement and maintain performance metrics, including capacity planning, measuring utilization, performance and health of the systems.
- Perform operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for the SQL environments.
- Collaborate with development engineers to ensure a solid design that scales and conforms to standards.
- Database backup and recovery, connectivity and security, database creation and role assignment.
- Ensure data is protected within defined security standards.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 8+ years of SQL experience with expert understanding of database design for large databases across multiple datacenters.
- 8+ years of advanced knowledge of database development and administration.
- 7+ years of experience with SQL replication.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL AlwaysOn and high availability.
- Experience with SSRS, monitoring software (Idera, SQL Sentry).
- Strong experience with Windows 2016 and SQL 2016.
- Expert experience with TSQL and Powershell.
- Strong people skills, team orientation and a professional attitude.
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and dynamic business environment.