The candidate must bring a strong desire to contribute to a fast paced team, share ideas and be willing to learn. The ideal candidate has a strong background in database administration with Oracle and Mongo databases in an enterprise environment.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install, configure, patch and upgrade oracle (Versions 11g & 12c) and Mongo (3.x).
- Proactively monitor production databases for Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Performance and Security.
- Participate in on-call production support on a rotation basis.
- Provide DBA support for assigned Projects.
- Follow established standards. Document new processes and procedures when appropriate. Promptly create Incident Reports to build/update Knowledge Base.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful DBA will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Information Systems with a minimum of 3 years experience or equivalent experience.
- Working expience with Mongo DB
- Experience dealing with Terabyte Databases on HP-UX and Linux Systems.
- Experience with Query and Database Optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with Monitoring tools like Oracle OEM, Operations Manager is a plus.
- Effectively conduct extended analysis and troubleshooting necessary to incident and problem management.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently on projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.