We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Corporate Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI is the site where the first H-D factory - a wooden shed - was built in 1903 in the backyard of the William C. Davidson family home. Join our team as a Senior Database Administrator - DB2.
Join our Information Management team as a Senior Database Administrator - DB2. Initial focus for this role will be on IBM Cloud delivery of DB2 Database and DB2 Warehouse on Cloud solutions to support business requirements. You will work with technology staff to define, refine, and implement strategies and standards for deployment and management of DB2 data assets within the organization, both on-premise and cloud-based. In this hands-on role, you are expected to provide expert-level DB2 knowledge and solutions to ensure optimal DB2 database performance and operation, from initial design through retirement.
- Maintain the organization's databases across multiple platforms and computing environments
- Establish and maintain controls to ensure security and protection of data assets
- Formulate and maintain policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management
- Serve as subject matter expert for databases, utilizing knowledge to resolve incidents
- Participate in on-call operational support rotation and incident support as directed
- Collaborate with contract resources in support of database environment maintenance, enhancements, support, and project initiatives
- Support business and development teams through design, development, implementation, maintenance, support, and administration of database solutions.
- Perform tuning and optimization analysis, utilizing native database monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Propose and implement enhancements to improve performance and reliability of the systems
- Understand and implement database High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and corporate requirements
- Understand and maintain compliance with licensing for database environments
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, with emphasis on documentation of policies and procedures, project plans, and incidents
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed, team-oriented environment
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Five or more years of Database Administration experience with IBM DB2
- Demonstrated leadership skills - ability to drive decisions
- Deployment, configuration, security and administration of IBM DB2 Warehouse
- Experience with IBM DB2 on AIX 6.1 or later
- Cloud database deployment experience (IBM Cloud, Azure, AWS, Google)
- Experience or certifications with ITIL framework
- Experience with project management methodologies
- Experience with other database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.)
- Lean/SixSigma Green/Black belt
Auto req ID: 300