Job ID: BEC009176
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Applications R12 on Linux platforms (OEL and/or RH)
- Performance tuning -- DB (11g/12c) and R12 Apps.
- Setup and configuration of the Oracle Fusion Middleware Products Tech stack – Weblogic,OBIEE11g,OTM,SOA
- Cloning / Refresh of R12 instances.
- Parallel concurrent processing setup and configuration.
- Patching Oracle Apps and Database (one-off patches, patchsets, CPUs, PSUs)
- Extensive working knowledge of AD utilities such as adadmin, adpatch, adctrl, adlicmgr, adrelink and admerge.
- Maintenance of Oracle Workflow embedded with Applications R12 and ability to manage and troubleshoot business flows, setup and configuration of workflow mailer.
- Implementing Autoconfig and maintaining Apps with autoconfig.
- Using Oracle Applications Manager tool to perform system administrator tasks.
- Maintenance of all major tech-stack components (Apex on 11g/12c DB, 10g iAS, 11g Weblogc/opmn) configuration files and profile options of Applications R12.
- Setting up multi-node with shared APPL_TOP architecture using Autoconfig.
- General troubleshooting of Applications R12 issues with Forms / Apache / Discoverer / Concurrent Programs and Concurrent Managers.
- Working effectively with business users, Oracle Apps functional and technical teams to resolve issues.
- Handle all Oracle Database related daily maintenance tasks.
- Setup and manage data guard based disaster recovery architecture. Ability to react to network outages and address synchronization issues between primary and standby databases
- Create thorough disaster recovery test plans and execute against them periodically
- Set up of Database and Applications monitoring using OEM, shell scripts and other monitoring tools
- Other duties may be assigned.
Project / Process Skills:
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- Ability to work in a multi-project environment and support multiple internal departments
- Knowledge of industry best practice approaches and standards
- Ability to multi-task and effectively delegate tasks to geographically disperse technical team.
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 9+ years exp. OR
- Master’s degree in field with 7+ years exp. AND
- 9+ years of progressive hands on experience as an Oracle DBA.
- 4+ years hands on experience with Oracle EBS DBA 11g/R12
- 3+ years strong proficiency in Engineered Systems (Exadata machine)
3+ years scope support for maintenance and upgrade Oracle tech stack (database 11g/12c, OBIEE 11g, SOA, OTM) running other ancillary applications