Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Database Administrator is to build and maintain all database systems. This position reports to Senior Manager – Database Operations in the Information Management Department and coordinates with other Information Technology departments and vendors. This position also assists during production incidents and resolution, which can occur anytime 24x7. The Senior Database Administrator is responsible to mentor more junior database administrators.
- Installs, upgrades, and maintains database systems.
- Manages system storage for the databases and applications.
- Executes performance monitoring, reporting and tuning of database systems.
- Manages and maintains back-ups and recovery process and procedures.
- Installs and maintains database server, replication and client environments.
- Develops, reviews, and tunes scripts, triggers, and store procedures.
- Assists in the design of database structures, packages and procedures.
- Manages security access and controls.
- Assists with production incidents and resolutions, including root cause analysis and recommendations.
- Implements databasereporting and continuous improvement.
- Ensures audit trails are maintained through the use of manual or automated systems.
- Mentors more junior database administrators
- Other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent education/work.
- At least 7 years of database administration experience in a commercial environment.
- Previous experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or Teradata.
- Previous experience in Microsoft Transact-SQL, PL/SQL, or Teradata SQL.
- Previous experience in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016, Oracle 11g/12c, or Teradata Studio.
- Previous experience in Relational database concepts.
- Previous experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/20012, UNIX, Oracle Exadata, or AIX.
- Previous experience in Data storage concepts.
- Previous experience in Backup and recovery of database systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Golden Gate Software
- Microsoft clustering or Oracle RAC
- Storage Area Networks
- Active Directory Security
- Data Warehousing
- Data Replication
- Microsoft SSIS
- Microsoft Terminal Server
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Certification in a major database management system is a plus.