Who Will Love This Job
- A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Someone who is process-driven: You follow established processes and also looks for areas where operations could be more efficient or otherwise improved.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You'll Do
The Cherwell Senior Database Administrator role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of SQL databases and server systems. The Senior DBA will be responsible for developing, designing and implementing database deployments within Cherwell with a focus on maintaining and supporting applications and databases within all of our global hosting environments.
The position will also be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
Overseeing all SQL Operations including planning, configuration, trouble-shooting, monitoring, security configurations and migrations
- Manage SQL Server databases in multiple environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure SQL implementations & integrations meets or exceeds performance requirements
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Be part of an On Call Rotation
What You Should Have
- 7+ years MS SQL Server Administration experiencerequired
- Superb Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008-2106 is a must
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native and 3rd party monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA), Always On, MS SQL Clustering and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Security, SQL Server Database Encryption (TDE) and data protection best practices
- Experience working with Windows server with a working knowledge of general Datacenter operations both physical and virtual
- Experience working in an agile project methodology
Nice to Have
- Hands-on working experience with SQL in public cloud spaces like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- Bragging rights – check out our awards!
- We’re a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO