This role is a senior level SQL Server Application DBA role primarily responsible for providing DBA support services to the IT organization including development, testing and production environment.
- You will have a solid knowledge of SQL and Transact SQL in order to perform review analysis of stored procedures or views created or modified during development life cycle and to provide performance tuning recommendations as needed.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in ETL development life cycle including design, development and support (batch process and asynchronous ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Owning, tracking and resolving database-related incidents and service requests, fulfilling service requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service-related reports and logs (database backups, maintenance, monitoring, etc.) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
- It also includes leading and mentoring junior level DBA team to respond to database-related alerts and escalations and working to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems and issues.
You Must Have
- A service-oriented mind with a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focusing on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs.
- communicating with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests and performing database changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.”
- 8+ years of experience in database development and production support in SQL Server.
- Strong experience in SSIS development, data profiling and data warehouse operations.
- Strong experience in writing SQL — ability to write and troubleshoot SQL code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints, etc.)
- Experienced in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experienced in performance tuning, query optimization, performance monitoring, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Able to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server performance related issues such as CPU, memory, disk I/O and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, clustering and database mirroring.
- Strong knowledge of index management, integrity checks, configuration